DERMALIAN Cast of Characters
All of the scenes in this movie will be shot splitscreen/greenscreen. Theoretically, I can shoot anywhere if I/my assistant cinematographer(s) get the specs right. Except for the Home Base Sub-Commander, who I have already envisioned as a middle-aged woman and the Space Bubble Pilot, who I have already envisioned as a late-30s, early-40s man, gender, cis/trans/otherwise, is not set in my mind. #femalefilmmakerfri #experimentalfilm #AfricanAmericanArt #scififri
- Dermalian Home Base Sub-Commander (Dermalian or Human Dermalian female)*: Liason between the Space Bubble, the Archaeological Earth Expedition and The Human Project, a division of the Dermalian government
- Human Dermalian Space Bubble Pilot (Librarian male):A member of the Librarian Caste (The Librarian, borne from a Dermalian human couple, was born 98% human without the ability to transform himself into a Dermalian. He resents being human and being treated like an experiment and has vociferously fought for a “cure” for his congenital defect.)
- Human Dermalian Space Bubble Plasma Specialist (Empathic Creative trans or female):
- Zombie Shakespearean (Human Dermalian male): A Creative philologist, who was part of one of the first earth expeditions and who is credited with discovering NYPL and deciphering human language. He became a Shakespearean actor as a hobby/art form. The Zombie can’t completely die because even though his human anatomy is dead and has to be continually repatched with synthetic stem cell tissue, the Dermalian part of his anatomy is still alive. (Backstory: The Zombie was given human form in the earliest stage of Dermalian to human surgery before the advanced surgical techniques that could make Dermalian completely human while retaining the ability to transform.) The Zombie can no longer transform because he’s sleepwalking and one has to be conscious in order to transform.
- Dermalian Librarian Lead Archaeologist, a Captain (Dermalian/sometimes with a human head, male): the Captain of the excavation; he has not been able to learn to speak human language in his Dermalian form and has to morph a human head in order to communicate with the Human Librarian.
- Human Dermalian Librarian Assistant Archaeologist (Female)*: Very young but prodigious having finished her archaeology studies at an age equivalent to a 14 year old human. She is probably related to the Lead Archaeologist. She is very keen on the Human Millennial because in her professional opinion, The Millennium was the beginning Human culture being global, and that though it was already too late, The Millennials were heroic in their efforts to save their species. She is disappointed and annoyed that the Memory Plasma covers her tattoos, of which she is very proud.
- Human Dermalian Empathic Creative, Scientist (gender?): Very absorbed in the work and not a good communicator. Prefers to communicate nonvocally and is surly when forced to.